Monday, April 18, 2011

Pigeons, Jonah Lomu and a Car!

Pigeons, Jonah Lomu, and a Car! WoW tHe UpS aNd DoWnS oF a MiSsIoN! Pigeons!!!
I believe I told you a few months ago while walking with Elder Herring to the Chapel, we contacted a man working in his yard. When he stood up to start talking to us, a pigeon was resting on his shoulder. Impossible to keep the conversation away from birds. I informed the fellow that there was a pigeon on his shoulder. It did not phase him. He just kept right on working and shrugged us off. :) In any case, moving on to Elder Birk, (my current companion) 2nd day in Vitrolles we were on the same side walk contacting a man and that same pigeon came and landed on Elder Birk's head! A priceless moment once he realized it was not my hand! He frantically swiped for the bird.


I tell you all of this to bring you to last Monday... We were walking to the church same street same spot, I spotted a bird and said, "Elder Birk, c'est votre oiseau préférez!" He responded and said, "there is no way no way!" But yes, it was that bird!! and yes, it Bee lined it or plutot pegion lined it for the head of Elder Birk--- not for me, but for him again! As we ran off in fear towards the chapel crossing lanes of traffic-- how stupid we were risking our lives, when a bird can fly over cars! Anyway, that's beside the point! Elder Birk and I thought we lost him. Our historical laughter quickly turned into fear ! It was right above us, swooping at Elder Birk and tried to fight it off while sprinting now for the church. We finally made it there safe. Needless to say we were relieved.


The story only gets better. Two days after the Bird incident we were walking in the same place and there were now 10 birds!! Yes 10!!! May be more, but we were paranoid. So we ran to the bus hoping not to invoke a war!! The day after that, we were walking down the same road again, I know at this point many of you are saying that I am insane because yes, this experience fills the requirements of the definition of insanity which is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (Groundhog Day). However, while walking to the church again we saw a poor bird laying dead on the side of the road. We are not 100 percent sure if that's the killer bird, but we will soon find out. For some reason this story reminds me Matlock not sure if anyone remembers that show, but my mom, a mystery for sure!


Jonah LOMU!

Aka The most famous rugby player in the world! He is a stud we called him up after losing contact with him for a couple months. He will be baptized in June, if not earlier!!!! He will be married this May in New Zealand and than be baptized as soon after as possible. He has such a strong testimony and is loaded. He said that he wants to be baptized in France because that's when the missionaries first made contact with him. So right after his baptism he will go and live in New Zealand and than move probably to Spain. Everyone tells me that he is the Michael Jordan of Rugby. I believe them! People taking pictures and asking for autographs and staring when we are around. It's funny when people are trying to decide if that's really Jonah Lomu first and then two, if that really is Jonah Lomu with missionaries? In any case, he is a stud! I probably won't be here for his baptism because transfer calls are next week and I have a feeling that I will be transferred.


A CAR!!!

Finally! we should receive a car TODAY!!!!!!!!! Exciting!!!! ooo YYAAAA!


I got my birthday package! Thank you!!! Something exciting is that Elder Graham, my training will be going home next week!! He has finished his mission! Ethan Graham from Spanish Fork, Utah! He is awesome! Sorta sad but tight!


Well, things are moving along, we were a little sick this week but who cares we are getting a car!!!!


Love, Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment