Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bunnies Don't Lay Eggs

Salut a tout le monde!!!!!!!

Once I feel as though I have conquered the challenges of Vitrolles, receiving a car, knowing the ville and really seeing changes as far as the ward and our investigators... I LEAVE! Yes, I have been transferred to a little branch and little ville named Bézier with Elder Smedley from UTAH!

Its bittersweet to leave Vitrolles because there were days that absolutely changed my life. It's the ville that I really learned the language and learned what success really is. It taught me so many countless lessons about patience, gratitude, charity, faith and hope. I learned to not only live but to apply deeply the gospel.

It is sometimes bizarre to look into the mirror and not fully recognize the person looking back. Yes, everyone I have gained weight but not only that I think a great change has occurred since I left. A change which is personal, a change which comes only through following our Savoir, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father for him sending his Son.

As it is written so greatly in Romans 8: 38 and 39 Christ is a manifestation of the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. Scriptures, Prophets both old and modern, testify of Jesus to be the Son of God to be The Savoir to be The Christ and the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament and the Messiah of the New.

I too testify that we have a Father in Heaven who loves each of us and through The Book of Mormon and Bible. We learn about our Redeemer and He becomes not a distant pagan holiday but rather a friend. We are his friends ONLY if we keep his commandments.

As Easter has come and gone, we reflect and many of us realize the many witnesses and testifying proof that Christ lives and he directs and leads his only true church which so fittingly bears his holy name, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Through the prophet Joseph Smith the church was restored and The Book of Mormon another sacred testimony of Jesus Christ also came as the fruit of a prophet today. http://lds.org/generalconference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng&media=video one of my favorite talks about The Book of Mormon was given by Elder Jeffrey R Holland who is a living Apostle of Jesus Christ. I wish to all of you a happy Easter!
love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment