Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where to begin...

Where to begin...

Elder Graham and I were white washed out of PAU! We were replaced by Soeurs! I couldn't help but think of Sistar Garlock walking into her first ville with a dirty apartment. So Elder Graham and I CLeaned and CLeaned and CLEANED again!

The Pau ward gave us tons and tons of gifts! It was super difficult saying goodbye but it felt like it was the right time. I am currently in arguably one of the, if not the one ville, with the highest percent of Muslims. Drum roll.... the ville is..... VITROLLES, just next to Marseilles. It is winter not Christmas here...

My new companion is Elder Herring from Ypsilanti, Michigan. He is young in his mission --just a few transfers older than me. But he speaks amazingly and he's 100 percent obedient. He is a great example of a hard worker. Elder Graham headed off to probably his last ville in NICE with Elder Tudor, who was in my MTC district. Elder Graham was very, very happy to be going to NICE.

My first day in Vitrolles, Elder Herring and I worked our tales off. It was pouring down rain but we still contacted and had some great success! What do you know -- I contacted some Romanians again!!

This ville is going to be a challenge. There has not been one baptism here for over a year... I have finally been able to communicate better I am horrible absolutely horrible at french when I'm not contacting or in a lesson. When I'm in a lesson and contacting my french is way better. The gift of tongues is real.

On this past Sunday, we had the confirmation of Soeur Martin and Soeur Sa Oliveira it was very special. Right after the blessing of Soeur Sa Oliveira, she just bore here testimony, out of the blue she thanked Elder Graham and I.

Our Heavenly Father knows us and sends us places to stretch ourselves and to not only bear the cross of Jesus Christ but also to walk with the cross placing all the weight on one leg while taking that step of faith and having Jesus Christ help us-- because his yoke is easy.

May I be so bold as to invite everyone who reads this to write down the significance of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in their life and how that Atonement connects with a living prophet, The Book of Mormon and Bible.

I love all of you!
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment