Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Last letter of the year...2010!

Dear Family and Friends,

Things here are progressing slowly. We have sacrificed lunches to contact. Hopefully the sacrifices will pan out. So far it has. This area is a transportation nightmare it used to have a car but it was given to the Elders in Canne because their car was burned... by people who don't like missionaries... anyway were hoping to someday get a car back in this area.

I hope the work is progressing in South America, Sister Garlock!! Funny enough, I ate Ecuador dark chocolate the other day it was very good. I thank your people for it :). Also, I hope that you never get discouraged.

I'm not going to lie I have called thousands of people and contacted hundreds more and last night I just about had it! Super discouraged! We found out that in the last 2 years this ward has not had a baptism and total in the last 5 years it's had 7 baptisms and all but one are inactive!

Today, I woke up and thrusted in my sickle-- literally talked to everything. EVERYTHING that moved and so far at 5 o clock in the afternoon we have 18 road contacts in 1 day! Miracle!!! Seriously, the last time that happened in our mission... I don't know... but a long time. Whenever it gets hard I think of Elder Masters, my dear cousin. Love the people.
Things here are harder than ever but there is still hope.

Thank you for the cards!!! It lifts my spirit.

I just keep contacting people of nations that my friends are serving in!!! Yesterday we set up a redez vous with and Albanian family and today I contacted 4 Romanians. I need phrases in these other languages!

Love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment