Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you like my winter coat from France?


In France, there are tons of Greves=strikes and transportation and trash are hit and miss right now its been like this for about 2 weeks now. No worries though for there are angels on the left and on the right protecting us.

Yesterday, Monday, we had Zone conference AGAIN in Bordeaux! I love that ville because its got some sweet structures! Soeur Carter, the mission president's wife spoke and shared an interesting quote from one of the general authorities that said, "the great harvest has yet to come forth in Europe". She did not use this as a demoralizer but rather she said that we are more like the great old missionaries than anywhere else in the world. We are facing the great opposition before the Lord is finished in Israel. It was inspiring!

This Saturday we have a baptism of Berthe. She is an older lady with a great sense of humor. She chose Elder Graham to do the baptismal ordinance and me to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting. The same sacrament meeting that I'm giving a 15 min talk in. ooo boy talk about a blessing!

The game, petonic is huge here in France everyone plays outside of our apt. We look down on a park and there are always petonc players playing. So Elder Graham and I wanted to play and make friends. So he goes down and starts talking to one half of the group that's playing and I go talk to the older spectators --about 5 people and just try and make friends and work on my french and what not. It was an awesome experience because they really started opening up and they offered for me to play! I kindly declined because Elder Graham asked to play right off -without talking to them or being friends and they flat out turned him down! It was hilarious and tons of fun. Elder Graham has a great sense of humor.

Thank you for your letters! I love them!

Pau is the head quarters for Total gas and there is also a university here. Every night on the chateau de pau, a history of the city is projected on the side of the castle. It's an awesome sight.

A member in the ward gave me a sweet leather jacket which I cannot wear but she insisted I kept it till after the mission. I kindly accepted because it is sweet! I also bought a winter coat from H&M which is tight.

I love France and the Beignéts here especially the apricot or nutella filled ones. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm soooo good mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmm mmm mmm so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok also tomorrow hopefully we will be able to go to Bayonne and get to go into Basque country. I love it here, until next week.

Christmas: O boy that's a huge question I know exactly what I want: pictures of the family, letters and money!! :) Don't send packages because it seriously costs an arm and a leg!! Don't send it mom, don't do it mom. don't do it ha ha I was told to say that 4 times because Elder Graham said mothers still do it!

France has its Christmas lights up already but not much Halloween. I mean there is a little but not much.

You should definitely check out Pau and the surrounding area on google because it is tight.
love,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment