Monday, October 11, 2010

OK week 2 was insane!!

I went on two X-changes. One with Elder Law who is the Zone leader right now and the other was with Elder Barton who was in the MTC with me. He is only a transfer older than me. Elder Law and I went out and contacted people for about 4 hours and got 4 contacts. That doesn't seem like a lot but it was some serious work. I still have a hard time understanding but I'm starting to get more and more daily its amazing.

When I went on a split with Elder Barton expectations were low because we are really young out here. We went contacting in a beautiful suburb to Bordeaux named Lormont. It was amazing. An Xchange lasts for 24 hours so we had a long day together we didn't have any rendezvous or anything. All we did was contact and we talked to everybody seriously everybody. I was running he was running we were running down these beautiful streets talking to anyone that would listen. By the end of the day we had 9 contacts and we taught a lecon even and placed countless Copies of the Book of Mormon it was a miracle. When our senior companions returned from Toulouse (they were there for leadership training) they were shocked.

Also this week we had a crazy experience trying to save a cat in a tree is was hilarious! I felt like I was in a movie. It's been raining heavy and we've had beautiful lighting storms also. I also went to McDonalds and everything was crazy expensive its a hopping place!! Tons and tons and tons of people constantly there.

Tonight I'm eating with a Canadian family for Canadian thanksgiving!! Finally some English ha ha!

I love it here and miss all of you!
Love,

Elder Garlock

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like France fits him well!! Love reading about his adventures. Eric leaves tomorrow for the Ukraine. Fun for all of them! Farewell to Morgan on Wednesday! Can't wait to read about her adventures as well!

    ReplyDelete