Monday, October 18, 2010

Ok this week has been very busy and effective!

France is heating up as far as politics go there was a huge strike today. We are leaving to go to Bayonne if the trains and buses are working. On Friday was Zone conference in Bordeaux and we were 3 hours late because the trains were on strike so we took a bus to Dax and got on a train from Dax to Bordeaux.

On Friday, 4 elders were headed to Zone conference and one of them was stabbed in the head! He is fine--he got a few stitches--- 6 to be exact! There really is an opposition in all things.

The language is coming along it takes patience, perseverance and more importantly the Lord's help which I have seen countless times. Yesterday Elder Graham, and I helped in Primary. Those kids are seriously the cutest things ever... like Preston when he was a baby-- but with french accents! They love asking me questions and me not understanding and them just laughing and laughing at me.

There is a famous Rugby Player in the Pau Ward and he offered to give Elder Graham and I VIP tickets!

Also the cat we tried to save last week we found out was shot out of the tree...

Happy Birthday to my Grandpa who is a stud!!! I think back a ton on those precious memories of us fishing and going to the temple together and all those messages!!! Great memories of movie nights, Christmas parties, making candy,root beer floats and the list goes on and on!! I love you grandpa, happy birthday!

Well I'm headed to Bayonne to go touch the ocean! I am super excited.

Pray for my safety and all the missionaries safety.

Love all of you!

Tell Mr D and Mrs. Schroeder hello! Tell them that I sing all those choral songs and musicals down the streets of France!

Love,
Elder Garlock

1 comment:

  1. Love the winter coat!!! And the letter. Glad to hear he is doing good, even with the strikes and all.

    ReplyDelete