Friday, September 3, 2010

Roller Coaster Week 8.27.10

Wow what a week a roller coaster if you will! Where to begin where to begin?

I loved receiving your packages!! Elder Allen and I absolutely loved the goodies! We laughed and laughed about the Toothbrushes I gave him the Spiderman and I took the HULK of course!

Our district got a tip that the gym was going to be done and an Apostle was coming for the Tuesday (8/24) fireside. The gym has been under construction since we arrived.

We got to the fireside 2 hours early and we were still 20 people deep which I guess is better than 2000 people deep. It was a stampede to get into the building! When the doors opened at 6:30 it was some intense heat! After the ruckus and the tumbling we got to sit in about the 15th row back and Elder Jeffery R. Holland walked in.

When he walked in the spirit of the Lord was incredible strong. We had watched his firesides before to the missionaries and he is a YELLER!!!! So we expected some intense shouts!! and boy did we get them :)

He talked about the title of Preach My Gospel and how they were going to put Preach My Gospel by the Spirit but they thought it was to long. He also said, "This isn't Burger King, we won't hold the pickles! This is WAR and it has been going on long since we were born." He said," How can any of us expect to be like Christ if we don't want to go through our own Gethsemany?" He continued and said,"This isn't your church, its not my church. it is Jesus Christ's church and if you aren't obedient, leave your tag at the door and get out!" It was some intense stuff!

I am continually amazed at the love Jesus offers me as well as his other children.

My testimony has grown more in the last 4 weeks than in all my life combined. The french is coming easier and I am growing in many ways I love it here and I love being a missionary. It is harder than anything I have ever done in my life but its much more rewarding as well!

Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment