Friday, September 24, 2010

Adieu to the MTC!



It's exciting that my sister will give her farewell talk on Sunday!

As I head out to the real world of Missionary work on Monday, I look back on these last few 8 weeks and realize how much growth has taken place. I have learned more in the last 8 weeks that probably I'm willing to bet-- ALL of my 2 semester at College last year. The MTC has strengthened me because of the wonderful environment and the challenges that come with being with a companion constantly. My companion has taught me so much about overcoming challenges and relying on the Lord. His knowledge of the scriptures and his patience with me has been a great example of what a Brother in Zion is all about.

They completed the Gym finally this past weeek! So I got to play basketball twice in my entire MTC experience!! It was pretty fun but scary on how bad I got. The MTC record for most free throws made in a row is 41 I tried for it yesterday and it went all right-- but no trophy.

My district and I will be singing on Sunday for Mission Conference! We are very excited! It should be an awesome experience.

A quick story for all of you on Wednesday my district wanted to Host the new missionaries. Host Missionaries means to greet the new Elders and show them where their class room is and residence room ect. It's an awesome experience and if you are in the MTC for 9-12 weeks you're supposed to have the opportunity to host. You get an invitation in the mail saying your district has been selected to host new missionaries on this date --please attend a meeting at this time for orientation on the procedures etc.

So this was our last week in the MTC and we didn't get an invitation. My district was super disappointed. Soooooooooooo... Elder Allen and I decided to do some work. :) We went to the front desk and asked if we could host-- they said go to this other building. We went to the other building-- they said go ask this other guy. He said, "we have already 10 extra and we can't have your district do it."

We had a lesson on Tuesday about being bold and confident. Needless to say after much persuasion and patience we accomplished our task!! We got to Host on Wednesday! It was an awesome experience. I could see how similar some of these Elders were to me.

A few missionaries asked us, "How old are you Elders?" I remember asking the same question to many of the older elders as well on my first day! People grow up very quickly in the MTC --it's awesome!

I love all of you!! I'll be in France next week! Adieu!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky!! Getting out in the field will be so exciting for these boys who have so much time in the MTC. They will get to put their new skills to work.

    ReplyDelete