Monday, July 23, 2012

Baptism!!!


This past week there was a branch picnic and it was great laying down some Dominos with them. Thanks Grandma Margret for teaching me the tricks of the trade! 

Victor was baptized yesterday!! He bore a strong testimony yesterday and was grateful to have been baptized. After he was immersed, we walked out of the font and he said," Wow Elder, I didn't know you were that strong!" I definitely made sure he was baptized. :) Yesterday after the baptism, I took the time to learn a little bit about Genealogy, it is very interesting. I wish I would have had more opportunities to use it as a missionary tool.
I have loved being a representative of Jesus Christ in the countries of France and Switzerland. Through out all of these experiences, I have felt the love of the Savior and the love that Heavenly Father has for each of His children. The worth of souls is great in the site of God. 

This is the work of the Lord. I know it to be true. The Holy Ghost has witnessed the truth of these things to me. The Book of Mormon is true and it testifies of Christ. One must read it and then pray about it with sincerity and faith addressing God in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ to know it. 

I have experienced great satisfaction and joy in the mission field. (As well as great trials and frustrations). This work refines us, sanctifies us, and tries us so that our actions reflect our words and thoughts. 

 I am excited to see you all!! 

Love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment