Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Missing the Puget Sound

How is the Puget Sound? It has been raining like crazy here which reminds me of looking out over the Sound and watching storms roll in tugs pass by and ferries snail around the beautiful bay. There had been a primary activity this week planned for Saturday but it was sadly cancelled because there were 5 sisters there with the one and only active primary kid.

We have been seeing great progress with a less active brother who I had called my first week in Angouleme I think I have already talked about him a bit. In any case he came to church yesterday and loved it. The day before we had him call another less active couple and invite them to church. It was great to see a man that had regressed in the gospel begin to progress again and taking action with his faith. Yesterday after church he came up to us in tears and thanked us for helping him see the vision once again. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the vehicle and engine of love which creates change, repentance and progress to receiving eternal life which gift is the greatest of all gifts.


After being in France for so long you would think you have heard it all when people refuse you but this past week was something too funny. I was standing at a bus stop and turned to the lady to my left and asked her when the next bus was coming she said, "ca m'interesse pas", meaning that doesn't interest me. The man to her left said the next bus was coming in 5 minutes and the lady felt rather embarassed because she realized I was not trying to engage her in a gospel conversation right off the bat but find out the next bus time :) We all laughed including the women which was positive ;)

I loved your birthday wishes!! Thank you so much for the LOVE.
love,
Elder Garlock









No comments:

Post a Comment