Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas from Montpellier!

Montpellier Montpellier!

My voice is shot! Singing for multiple hours a day in colder temperatures is not the best for a voice as delicate and fragile as mine. Elder Claflin played a square garbage can as a drum and I danced and sang with a lot of zeal. I definitely tried to fulfill the Lords commandment to shout and cry repentance even with a voice like unto a trumpet :) I'm pretty sure if anyone of you saw me singing and dancing in English and French like I was doing, everyone would be laughing.

We have a multiple sweet experiences with many people stopping to listen to us and 4 people on separate occasions picking up our extra hymnals and singing with me and Elder garbage can ;) We have seen it go over a ton better with the other two missionaries singing with us at night.

I asked the members if they had a guitar that we could play and we found one from one of the members. Montpellier is a very, very musically oriented ward.

We got stopped by the police multiple times this week again and President Murdock is now giving us legal backing to present to police men when they stop us. I am hoping not to get arrested.

I am grateful for the light, knowledge and intelligence that God can accord us when we are worthily working for His Glory. I claim in no respect that I am in the category of the un ignorant because the more I learn the more I realize how much more there is to learning. I am extremely grateful for the Love Jesus offers me. O it is wonderful wonderful to me.

This is the work of the Lord and the more I work in living a life of continual purity, keeping the commandments of God, and following His Spirit, the more my testimony is rendered stronger and becomes more clear that this is not the work of men but rather the work of God.

Love,

Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment