Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Learned from Seminary

Halloween parties are already happening? Here in France there hasn't been the slightest hint that there is Halloween. However, last year there were a few trick or treaters so we will see.

Something I wish seminary would have done is to teach to the level of the students rather to teach the lessons given. It is a must to have the students testify of experiences and to explain their ideas, thoughts and feelings. If not, you will receive cookie cutter answers every morning and no growth or testimony or unity.

I didn't like scripture mastery because the objective became memorizing scripture, but I didn't know why it was important... why would I want to memorize scripture? I think explaining the scripture, applying the scripture and then have the students recognize the application in their own lives ---if not, no one will grow.

Often times on my mission, now that I have scriptures memorized-- how did they become memorized? they come into my head as experiences happened---- the way this has happened was using them---- applying them----- They have entered in my life and touched me when I needed help.

We must help invite and guide others to Christ and the Spirit will lead them touch them and reveal unto them the truth so that they can attain happiness and this life and salvation in the life to come!

je vous aime tous!
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment