Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers and Missions

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

I was grateful to talk to all of you yesterday it was fun to hear your voices!!! I am very grateful for the love and letters and prayers that I have felt for the last 9 months.

May I also express the love I have for my Mother who has dealt with my know it all attitude for the last 20 years. I am grateful that I was raised with love. It must have taken much patience and prayers. I probably don't understand all of the sacrifices and hardships that you had thanks to me until I am a parent myself.

However, I appreciate your love and many hours of teaching me how to read. It is now hard to learn how to read french with out someone like the love of a mother helping you along. At 20, a mother's touch and hand is still needed and much appreciated and loved.

I love the APRON!!!! ;)

The work goes on and time goes on as President Thomas S. Monson, the prophet today stated, Nothing is as constant as change. But what is something that is constant, straight, and true? The answer. Following Jesus Christ by doing the will of our Heavenly Father. We know the will of Our Father in Heaven always by listening and obeying the commandments given to us by his prophets. Please watch the film: http://radio.lds.org/joseph?lang=eng Which recounts the story of Joseph Smith who was called by God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ today.

Well, I love you all!!
Shout out to the Soundview ward: Doolys, Whites, Betteridges, Sorans, Batemans, Liddles, Hemmings, Muglestons, Van Valkenburgs, Masters, McCoys and sooooo, sooo, many, more love you and miss you all!!!

Also speaking of Mother's Day...I love my grandmas!!!!!

Which reminds me, hello GOODWINS!!! on the beach! I hope the Mariners will finally win the WORLD SERIES!!! ;)

And to all my friends in college, I'll try and send you a letter this week... just know I have been holding out to not distract y'all from your goal!!! (to get married)!!! Just kidding :) letters are in the mail !!
love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment