Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally!!!

Finally!!!!!!

We have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday with Kamy, who is from Guyana and is 9 years old! I started teaching him my 2nd week I was here and now we will be in WHITE!!!!!!! HURRAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Well, there are so many things to tell you that are just incredible but its just impossible to articulate the emotions, the moments, and ALL the stories.

It was Keith, our English friend's birthday, which was fun. We played backgammon. It was the first time I had ever played. It's a pretty fun game. During the party, which consisted of Elder Smedley, myself, and Keith I realized how lucky I am to have friends and family who love me. While sitting there in his house, I felt for him.

Another thing that has hit me this transfer was the great blessing of the Word of Wisdom. Honestly, I have met hundreds of people whose lives have been maimed from alcohol and drugs. The cigaret packages here are labeled with, "smoking kills" and with pictures of the diseases that people get from smoking. It is an absolute testimony builder! So many people are literally enslaved to smoking.

I am grateful that I had parents who taught me the commandments of God so that I can now realize that the limitations or commandments of God are there to not limit what we become but rather what we do. Or in other words, we limit what we do to not limit what we become.

I Love you all. I encourage you to read, The Book of Mormon. http://lds.org/pages/book-of-mormon-an-introduction?lang=eng an introduction to the Book of Mormon given by Elder Jeffery R Holland, a member of the quorum of 12 Apostles.
love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment