Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Bacon!!!

Bon Jour!

I sit here humbled for the love that Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. Elder Bowen has fasted more than I have ever seen anyone fast ever. I love fasting.

This week Soeur Albertini and her daughter we reactivated which makes 4 reactivation's this year. Goal met! Now if we could reach our goal of 6 baptisms in the year. There is hope!! This past week we found Eyasu, an African who has been prepared for the message of the restoration. He came to church yesterday and in Elder's quorum we talked about tithing. Eyasu said, "ya that makes sense!"

Sweet bacon!! One minute we are struggling for investigators the next we find Eyasu!!

This week is transfers there is a chance I will be transferred. However, I would love to stay and see the jubilation in this ward when the 2 year drought is over. The stake president came for church yesterday as well and shared a sweet experience when he met the missionaries. The missionaries brought a bouquet of roses to his wife and at the end of the lesson they asked for one rose back. They next week they taught the law of tithing and showed that everything we have is a blessing. It reminds me of the story of JOB. We show our love for our Heavenly Father by following His commandments.

I love being with Elder Bowen. I hope that we get to stay together another transfer. He could go into comedy because I don't think in a 6 week period I have ever laughed so hard. I have also been playing piano a bit more than last transfer I have realized that the biblical story of the talents is true. My piano skills are sub par right now. I also miss playing basketball and guitar.

On the road and in Carrefore, the Safeway, if you will of groceries, I have been seeing advertisements for without identity I think it is translated into English not sure something like that. I also love the french musical artist from what I have heard named Christpher MaƩ. UGH I want to listen to it but that would be disobedient.

A fun fact about France is in Carrefore and all stores for that matter they do not have baggers or bags you have to bring your own from home to do shopping. I became a member of the grocery store chain and they give you a personal gun to ring up things so that when you check out you already know how much it's all going to cost. I must say Elder Bowen and I are pretty stinkin good at budgeting and getting a ton of food for cheap.

Our street contacting approach is normally something like, "Hey we're missionaries have you ever met missionaries like us before in the past?" Usually they don't stop because they think we are Jehovah Witnesses so sometimes if we get a funny look right off we say, "Hey, we're not Jehovah Witnesses. We then go on to discuss how the Book of Mormon is the doctrinal glasses and clarity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Read the Book of Mormon, that always fixes my problems!

Love you all until the next week of miracles!

Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment