Monday, March 21, 2011

Campaign: I-Phones for Missionaries!

What???!!!, you gave into the Tech boom buying an I-phone 4 that is sooo cool, soo jealous! Maybe you can write to President Monson and advocate for all missionaries to have an IPHONE that would be amazing. Then I would never get lost. In France, from ville to ville, all streets are called the same thing. Think about that with over 20 villes in my secteur and that many more roads with the same name!!! Oooo boy, yes that can be a headache.

Elder Birk from Denmark is a stud! I never met anyone so perfect. I'm pretty sure President sent him here just to humble me. This past week alone we have done almost more work than my entire 1st and 2nd transfers combined.

Yes, things are moving here. Like I said last week, we had 2 people engaged for baptism-- Eyasu from Ethiopia and another woman. This week we got a call from a man named, Sherman from Guwien in South America. He said he had met missionaries there and that he took the lessons. He has been in France for the last 6 months and has no friends because he lives in a heavy Arab neighborhood. We met him and engaged him for baptism and he said, "of course, I'll be baptized." It was a miracle.

Elder Birk is a beast with contacting working and just being perfect. I know that we have been blessed for how hard we have been working. I am super stoked for the next 5 weeks. Elder Birk is the only one willing to knock buildings with me. I really find joy in that for some reason.

We have found tons of Italian people this week for some reason. It has been awesome because Elder Birk can pick it up pretty well. Well, things are moving along. I love all of you and time is flying!! I can not wait to finally get a car here in Vitrolles.
love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment