Monday, February 14, 2011

I think I have a Valentine, Elder!

Bonjour cette semaine j'ai travaillé dur!

This week was NUTS! Lee Cummard who played for BYU lives in our area. He is playing basketball for a professional team in the Marseille area. He still remembers Dad and I from all of those years of Fathers and Sons basketball camp.It was fun to spend some time with him yesterday. He drove us to some of the random outlandish villes to do some passes.

One huge challenge here in Vitrolles is transportation we spend soooooooo much time on the bus. Last week it was something like 10 hours of proseliting time. If I can make it in Vitrolles I can make it anywhere.

I have learned to really organize our time and try and manage us to be effective. Its very difficult because our most promising potential is out in random villes that we can hardly ever go to. Half of the ward drives 30 minutes to church. Its difficult because we have the least amount of the ward population in Vitrolles and where the ward building is.

Elder Bowen and I are trying different things to combat all the time wasted. This week as far as the results of the work was probably the best so far for me here in Vitrolles. I have finally got almost all of the main cities bus routes down, which is not an easy task, believe me.

Its been tough because our planning sessions at night is really not planning for the friends of the church it is time spent trying to figure out bus schedules! We usually don't have time for studies because we are on buses contacting or when we are on the big buses and its illegal to contact. So we try and start a conversation up with the bus driver and get a lesson that way. If not that, then I am calling everyone in the ville we are headed to see if we can fix something because we aren't sure when we can come back.

We are having interviews with the mission president this week so I'm going to ask him to give us a car. Anywho that's what the work is like! I have defiantly learned some very good organizational skills and how to talk to people on the phone.

Things I love... it's valentines day! My companion, Elder Bowen, said I could be his valentine but I passed and said I already got 4 sistars, a mom, and grandma ;) I love each of you

I am grateful for grandma and all of her letters, love. and warmth! I miss going down to the beach!! I love you Grandma!

I am grateful for my mom, who made me food for all of those years and all of those sack lunches, rides and hugs!!! I miss my mom's pot pie!! mmmmmm

I am grateful for my oldest sistar and all of her advice on hair, clothes, shoes, style, etc. I miss her straight talk and all of her little love notes whenever I was mad at her!! I love her great attitude in everything she pursues. Cant wait to speak french with her!!!!!
I am grateful for second sistar and our late night talk! It's great that we are out here serving missions together. I miss all of her oatmeal that she would make or any food for that matter that she would make for me. mmmmm cookies!
I am grateful for third sistar and our common music taste! I miss us sitting in the music room and playing some Colby Collate~ "I see those blue eyes every time I close mine"... mmmm miss singing that song together!
I am grateful for my fourth sistar and how sporty and hilarious she is! Haha I'm glad she is taking care of my rabbit :)
Well I must go and get on a bus I'll probably buy a baguette as well mmmmm and probably a pastry mmmmmm so good!!!

Love you all until the week next ??? until next week??? in french until the week next :à)

Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment