Saturday, February 26, 2011

2-21-2011

Salut!

Well this week many, many, many things occurred. Where to begin!?! Lets start with Valentines Day.

Last week Elder Bowen and I were feeling a bit down but we played a little Tennis and Basketball. Then we took some pictures. Then we took a little nap and rest with our broken hearts haha just kidding but anyway while he was taking a nap, I snuck out of my bed and made him a huge chocolate cookie HEART and a bread nuttela covered heart as well and then I carved a heart out of another biscuit cookie type thing. I think he appreciated it.

The next day We had a couple rdvs with a man named Robert and then as usual a couple raté vous but it was fine because we needed to plan and get things figured out for the English Class we are starting up. We had Robert, our investigator Mme Lavie, another investigator and Soeur Chervallier, from Ecuador. It was tons of fun and it actually helped my french! Robert would get a little better and would than start correcting my french anytime I would say something. It was defiantly a new experience.

I had a chance to hang out with Lee Cummard, an old basketball player from BYU. He lives in our area and is playing basketball for a professional team. He remembered Dad and I from Fathers and sons basketball camp. It was fun to meet his wife and two sons. His mother in law was also there and we found out that Uncle Mike and Aunt Debbie bought their old house. Small world!

How is Marcel King Jr doing? Random, but he better be staying in line and reading the word of God daily. Also I have arrived in the Bible at the book of Titus. I was wondering if Titus my friend from high school and Marcel's friends has ever read it? Also Scott Vanthedomino man? They have Dominos over here and it is very successful! How is Gracy doing?

I gave a picture to Soeur Arezzi of Elder Herring and I. She framed it. It was awesome because 2 Sundays ago she asked me to give her a blessing with a brother in the ward. She has been sick for about 15 years and she has been seeing doctors more and more often so she has been very worried about not being able to go to the temple because of it. So I gave her a blessing and she said this Sunday that it was a miracle and I believe it to be as well. She is in much better health. This lady has changed my perspective and life.The power of God is real and one gift of the spirit the gift of healing by the laying on of hands definitely occurred here in little Vitrolles France.

I think my calling in Vitrolles has been so far to reactivate this ward. So far there has been 2 and 4 more are in the works. This past Saturday at a baptism for a new family in the ward. I gave a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost It was a great baptismal service and it just motivated me even more to break the drought in Vitrolles.

Transportation is still a nightmare but things are progressing even still. Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

I am amazed at how many cyber cafes are in France. There are hardly any homes with computers in them.

I love you!

read Alma 32
I love that chapter!
love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment