Monday, February 14, 2011

February 7, 2011

Bon Jour!

This week has been rough---throwing up---- 7 times and just been plain sick. But I still wanted to have a good first week with Elder Bowen so we continued to work just took a few breaks puking in members houses and such.

Vitrolles is definitely changing me! It is a very large test. I now can speak in 3 languages Arab, French and English. Things in Egypt are I think trickling over because this week I had more than just a few rocks and curse words coming my way.

But there is hope!!! A member of our ward brought a friend to church last week and we have high, high hopes that the 2 year drought here could be over. There will be jubilation from EVERYONE if there is a baptism here.

I feel like I'm in a dream...I often stop and think... I am in France... as a missionary!!!

I am stoked for everybody who got their mission calls that is tight!!! Ashley what in the world!!! Wow!!! New Missionaries: read the 2nd chapter of Preach My Gospel really well before going into the MTC it will help you with EVERYTHING!! In the MTC they teach you really well chapter 1 and chapter 3 seriously focus on chapter 2!!!

I am trying to think of little details that you wouldn't normally think about to tell you about France...like all the showers are just like a hose off of the wall.

Some french food facts are paté is huge here. It's like random parts of animals in a jar that you spread on a baguette. The sacrament is always baguette bread. I don't think I have mentioned kebabs but kebabs are a sandwich with meat and freedom fries in it. The meat is sliced off of a huge meat slab that is continually rotating. It's pretty good many elders get super sick from it though because the meat slab is huge and outside continually rotating.

There are thousands of roundabouts, thousands... Trains, we take all the time. Public transportation is massive.

Today we went to Montpellier- for an exchange with Elder Herring and Elder Smedley. It was one of my favorite exchanges with Elder Smedley--- we fed the pigeons that was insane!

I love all of you thank you for your love and also for your letters!! Until next week love you
Love,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment