Monday, June 6, 2011

No Transfer for me!

Elder Smedley and I got the call that we will be staying together for another 6 weeks.

This past week there were many people here on vacation from England and the states. At church, our little branch was tripled with 3 large visiting families. They were all here for the Medieval festival which happened this past weekend with jousting and dancing and all manner of festival activities. It reminded me of the UP festival on steroids. It was the second medieval festival that I have been to this summer. There were tons of little gadgets and cool random things I'm glad as missionaries we are broke because I probably would have bought some pretty useless things.

However, one thing which is not useless that I did buy was a Jalaba. It is the traditional Arab style of clothing that hopefully I'll be able to send some pictures because I could defiantly see them catching on as a fad when I get back and start wearing them around town ;)

Any who as I told you last week we have these English friends from Manchester and Scotland whom we bike with... side note when biking with them again today its was gorgeous with all of the HUGE fields of grapes and the biking along side the canal du midi and going through these little villes so romantic and cute!!!! I better stop there before I start being to descriptive with my adjectives... cute... gorgeous. I should not be using that language it was very ruggedly and manly and rugged :)

ok back to the story our 4 English friends quick run through:
Keith: tall, big nosed, long haired, hippy doesn't bike with us
Lucy: sweet, Scottish accent, and the girlfriend of Keith and is a biking super star
David:... david
Roger: retired, long haired intellectual who worked with Elton John and Bono's charity RED. Loves biking with us as well.

So last week Roger had just received a new bike as a gift from his friend and was excited to ride it with us. We did the ride and ended at Lucy and Keith's house leaving all of the bikes including Roger's new one at their house. The next day we passed by and said hello and went to our other appointments we than saw Roger in Centerville and he told us his bike had been stolen from Keith's.

What ended up happening was when we had passed and said hello the first time, a gypsy man and his son who knew Keith stopped by as well. We said hello to them and left shortly after they arrived because we had an appointment to go to. After our appointments, and seeing Roger, we came back to Keith's house to see what had happened with the bike. We found out that the bike had been stolen by the gypsies. Keith was up in arms, Roger was up arms, and Lucy was up in arms! We quickly left their house because it was a bit hot as we say in french and went on with the day.

As we were contacting in Centerville, we saw this bike zoom past us. I quickly ended the contact and spotted the gypsy kid. We confronted him and said, "whose bike is that ?" He said it was his and that he bought it in Centerville. At this point, I took the phone and started calling Keith and Lucy. Of course they didn't respond.

During this time, Elder Smedley was asking how much did they had pay for the bike he said 10 his mother who showed up said 100. At this point they were getting nervous because I was playing MR. Missionary Cop and they thought I was calling the police. Elder Smedley was just being a stud and ended up taking the bike from them, it was sweet. He got the bike back and we rode over to Keith's house.

Lucy and Keith we just amazed and asked, "where did you get they bike? How did you get it back?" It was already close to 9 so we just said we will see you tomorrow and walked off into the sunset. With Keith yelling at us "I'm going to become a Mormon!" ;) So epic, so sweet. I felt like a hero. I now know how Superman feels ALL the time.

I love all of you. Thank you for the letters. The work of the Lord goes on Nobly here in the South of France!

Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment