Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday and Father's Day!

Happy Birthday MOM! Happy Fathers Day DAD!

The more I meet people the more I am grateful for the gospel and for 2 loving parents who are so strong in this restored gospel. Elder Smedley and I are preparing for 2 baptisms this Saturday! If all goes well, we all should be in white. It has been an exciting process to help Mdm Tomescu and M Airde prepare to make a covenant with our Heavenly Father. Both have had an undeniable change in their lives since they have applied the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Atonement of Jesus Christ daily into their lives.

Calito, who I have been working hard to teach the piano played the first hymn, "I am a Child of God," yesterday it was seriously a miracle and an amazing experience! Now, if I could only get him to practice. I think I can now relate with you, Mom, who had to force me to practice the piano. I am pretty sure I'll need a break from, "I am a Child of God". We practiced for hours that one song until he felt confident enough to play it in front of the branch.

Calito has also shown interest in going to the states next summer for a month or so. I said I would ask you if he could come live with us. He speaks Spanish and French so he would fit in really well in our family. He plays tons of video games and he needs to find other hobbies and interests. His mom is from Peru and dad from Spain. His dad is the quote on quote go to member for the missionary's because he is always available. And his mom from Peru has this rather heavy, cute Peruvian accent and always cooks us meals because they want the missionaries around Calito as much as possible. He just turned 15 and will be 16 next summer.

I think mom and dad you would be the best for him: no video games, always active, family home evenings, and family prayer. He needs to find new hobbies: running, swimming, biking, canoeing, working and try new things and stop playing video games. He needs to come to the Puget Sound.

LOVE,
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment