Monday, January 31, 2011

Big News! Huge News!

BIG NEWS here in Vitrolles... I have received a new companion his name is ELDER BOWEN from Draper Utah! Elder Bowen is super positive. He actually was Elder Herrings companion in the MTC. Vitrolles has new life... Elder Garlock has new life... Things are looking up!

This week in news... I had a huge mangez vous aka meal with our DMP ward mission leader at his house in the middle of the night I threw up. It was a bummer! but I felt better afterwards and went back to bed and woke up and worked hard.

It's funny the same thing happened to me while in Pau the same exact week while in Pau in fact. In Pau when it happened, I got up and worked hard and engaged someone for baptism. So that morning I thought about it... woke up and a miracle happened... we found a lady and daughter from Ecuador!!! I need to write down her name but she said that her daughter who was 8 had not been baptized yet!! Her entire family is members in Guayaquil and Quito Ecuador!! Her last name is Chervalis... it's a small world after all. She lives in a crazy far off random ville and the norm was for her not to be in Vitrolles where we contacted her. It was a miracle! I am grateful I got out of bed.

HUGE HUGE HUGE news...the Mission Francaise De Toulouse is no more as of July 1st 2011. It will be known as the Mission Francaise de LYON we are combining with the Geneva Swiss mission!!

The Paris mission is also taking a little of the Swiss mission. Our new mission president will be the President and Sister Murdock who is currently the mission president in Swiss right now. Our mission president goes home July 1, 2010. We are all very excited and surprised!!

Oh tonight we have a lesson with a member family who asked if we could give a lesson on baptism to their son who just turned 8. I immediately thought of Aunt Cathy at my baptism when she gave me that HUGE comforter explaining the importance of the Holy Ghost.

Love you all ciao!
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment