Thursday, January 12, 2012

Street Singing

I wish I had more time to elaborate all of this weeks crazy events but in a nutshell...

I think I found out how to pay for my new suit... (Just Kidding :))

This week with the other missionaries, we are contacting all together. With 7 missionaries it's pretty effective and can get crowded so I learned Amazing Grace and Nearer My God to Thee on the guitar and I play that for hours literally--- hours on end and improvise my lyrics about the people walking by in French, English and Arabic :) so far over 20 euros have been offered to me in change... but I always reject it and give them a brochure instead. It has been an awesome experience!!

The people-- Catholics particularly, recognize Nearer My God to Thee and start singing it with me while walking down the road. In fact, one man stopped me mid belt and told me to start over!!! I did. Then he sang with me all 4 verses!! As he left, he said the Lord's prayer. It was quite the experience.

Speaking of prayer, we had a rendezvous with a man from Martinique who loves the bongos and decided he really, really, really wanted to play bongos during our prayer to bring the spirit more fully it was great.

We went to Lyon this past week for zone council. The group of missionaries and the president just make it the coolest spirit and atmosphere.

I wish I was capable of writing more eloquently to describe daily events and experiences and the profound love that I have for my eternal family!
love,
Elder Garlock

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME! I love singing to bring the spirit! Keep it going :D

    ReplyDelete