Monday, January 2, 2012

Transfers...but not for me!

6 months in Montpellier and almost 1 year in the same zone! I love this awesome warm climate! OOOO YAAAAA! Montpellier will also be receiving 3 sistars yes in deed 3! Meaning there will be a total of 7 missionaries to 1 ward which is the largest ratio in the mission! I'm thinking the Lord kept me here to be the grandpa in the ville. Full of wisdom with the buses, trams and neighborhoods.

I was meditating today about this past year of 2011 and really thought if someone were to walk up to me right now and say in the first 10 months of being in a foreign country you need to be fluent in the language and be the best french speaker out of your companionship and not only that but also teach to others the MOST important thing they will ever encounter in their lives effectively. I would have laughed and continued to watch sports center :)

I decided for 2012 it's the GRATEFUL YEAR oooo ya! Gratitude all around! On a serious noteI am very grateful for the scriptures, prayer and the chance each week to take the sacrament. These three vehicles have really helped me receive the Spirit of God and follow its prompting whisper, anchoring my decisions in order to guide me closer to our Heavenly Father.
There weren't very many members at church on Christmas or New years eve so we have been singing for sacrament meeting and passing the sacrament. I Love serving!
love,

--
Elder Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment